The Department of Conservation & Compliance was created in 2008 to help coordinate the promotion and maintenance of a safe and desirable living and working environment.
The Department is comprised of three divisions: Animal Services, Code Enforcement and Probation Services.
Code Enforcement protects property rights and value and ensures health and safety. The Division enforces violations of the Lake County Land Development Regulations and various ordinances governing the use of property in Lake County. These ordinances and regulations include:
- The control of grass and weeds
- Parking of recreational vehicles, boats, semi trucks and trailers
- The accumulation of garbage, trash and debris
- Occupying recreational vehicles outside of an approved park
- Abandoned property, including vehicles, furniture, machinery, etc.
- Ensures business tax receipts (occupational licenses) for both commercial and home occupations
- Permits for buildings, signs, pools, boat docks
- Inspections of conditional-use permits
The Probation Services Division provides supervision to offenders placed on probation for traffic and misdemeanor offenses, and ensures their compliance with court-ordered sanctions.