RAPID (Review Appropriate to Priority in Development) Business Development Program
Lake County has “RAPID” permitting in place for qualified businesses and projects in Lake County. In order to qualify, a development must:
- Be one of the following target industries:
- AGRITECH –Including biotechnology and high-tech horticulture and agriculture, i.e., nutraceuticals, extractions for medicinal purposes, genetic cloning, research and development, specialty foods, etc.
- BUSINESS SERVICES – Including corporate and technical services, i.e., advertising agencies, banking, consultant offices, internet service providers, scientific and technical consulting services, other office back support, etc.
- CLEANTECH – Including green building and clean energy, i.e., alternative fuels, energy-from-waste, alternate energies and energy efficiency systems, materials research, weather-proofing systems, computer system integration, modular or prefab building assembly and design, related manufacturing, etc.
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS –Including healthcare, recreation, sports training, physical rehabilitation, etc.
- MANUFACTURING AND WAREHOUSE/DISTRIBUTION
- ARTS, RECREATION & LEISURE
- Be located in the Christopher C. Ford Commerce Park
- Provide a significant number of jobs
- Be an enterprise that creates positions with significantly higher wages than the County average
- Located in a designated Brownfield area
If a business or project meets any of the above criteria, call the Lake County’s Economic Growth and Redevelopment Department at (352) 343-9866 to begin the eligibility process.