Residents in unincorporated Lake County have both Residential Curbside Collection of household garbage and recycling and Drop-off service available to them. All residents in the unincorporated area must pay the County solid waste collection and disposal fee on their tax bill. For more information, call customer service at 352-343-3776.
Residential Collection includes:
- Household Garbage – Solid waste must be placed within one of the County issued garbage carts and placed within 3 feet of the curb or edge of the road no later than 6 a.m. on the designated pick-up day. No excess garbage outside of the County issued garbage cart will be collected.
- Yard Waste – Yard waste is considered to be vegetative material resulting from landscaping maintenance, including shrub and tree trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, palm fronds, and branches. Limbs and branches must be no longer than 4 feet in length with limbs no greater than 6 inches in diameter. Leaves may be bagged or placed into a container provided by the customer. All yard waste material must be placed within 3 feet of the curb or edge of the road no later than 6:00 a.m. on the designated pick-up day.
- Appliances and Furniture – Residents should call their designated hauler to schedule a pick-up. Appliances and furniture should be placed at the curb for pick-up by the hauler. Residents are encouraged to call charities for reuse of these items.
- Recyclable Items – All recycling items must be placed within one of the County issued recycle carts and placed within 3 feet of the curb or edge of the road no later than 6 a.m. on the designated pick-up day. Please see the recycling page for a list of items that may be placed in your curbside recycling bins and instructions for each type of item.
Residential Collection Does NOT Include:
Bulk Pick-up Service
Bulk pickup service of 3 cubic yards per setout is available for residents in the unincorporated area who pay for curbside collection service. This service is included with the collection fee. There is an unlimited amount of pickups per year. The items accepted are furniture, appliances and other large household items which do not fit into the County issued garbage carts due to size, shape, or weight. Bulk waste does not include extra garbage which could fit into the garbage cart.
Residents should notify the hauler directly for service. The haulers have 72 hours (excluding weekends or holidays) to fulfill the request. If the hauler does not respond, call customer service at 352-343-3776.
Items for Drop-Off Service
Any resident in Lake County may dispose of items at the Convenience Centers. Household items brought for recycling are accepted at no charge. For questions regarding items accepted or disposal fees, call (352) 343-3776. In addition to the items listed above, convenience centers accept:
- Office Paper
- Electronic waste (computers, televisions, CD Players, etc)
- Household hazardous waste