Many items used regularly around the house may contain substances that may explode, catch fire, or be toxic. These items include paint, pool chemicals, and many other products. Household hazardous waste is collected at the Household Chemical Collection Center. This service is for residential waste and is free to residents of Lake County.
Household Hazardous Waste Center
13130 County Landfill Road, County Road 561
Monday through Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Household Hazardous Waste Items:
|Household batteries (including rechargeable)
Fluorescent light bulbs
Whenever possible, it is recommended the item is kept in its original container. If the container is leaking, put it in a new container. Please mark any unlabeled containers. Transport household hazardous waste in the rear of the vehicle and do not store in the vehicle for extended periods. For more information, call (352) 343-3776.
Tips for handling Household Hazardous Products
- Always read and follow directions on the container
- Keep hazardous products away from children, pets, food products, and sources of heat
- Keep waste in the original container, unless it leaks or will not close
- Use a proper container(heavy plastic) that will seal
- Make sure the container has a label to identify the contents
- Transport hazardous waste in the rear of your vehicle
- Do not store hazardous waste in the vehicle for extended periods
- Find alternatives, less toxic items to use
- Properly dispose of hazardous waste items
| Additional Household Battery Locations
|| City Hall, Library, Fairgrounds, Porter's Camera's and Gifts.
|| Library, Lake Griffin Recreation Park, Ace Hardware
|| Town Hall
|| Library, Hearing Aid Place, Radio Shack
|| K-mart, Radio Shack, Tru-Value Hardware
|| Village Hardware Feed and Farm
| Additional Motor oil and Household Battery Locations
|Groveland - fire station
|Tavares - Agriculture Center, Ace Hardware, Lake Co. Hearing
|All Drop-Off Locations