For immediate release - July 28, 2005
TAVARES — Lake County residents are encouraged to attend one of six public meetings scheduled for the next two weeks to explore the process of drafting a Lake County Comprehensive Plan.
The six public meetings, each from 6:30 to 8 p.m., are as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 1, Lost Lake Elementary, 1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont
(For residents in the Clermont, Four Corners, Mascotte, Green Swamp and Groveland areas)
- Tuesday, Aug. 2, Lake Technical Center, Kenneth A. Bragg Campus, room 302, 12900 Lane Park Cutoff Road, Tavares
(For residents in the Howey-in-the-Hills, Astatula, Minneola and Montverde areas)
- Wednesday, Aug. 3, Leesburg Elementary, 2229 South St., Leesburg
(For residents in the Leesburg area)
- Monday, Aug. 8, Spring Creek Elementary, 44440 Spring Creek Road, Paisley
(For residents in the Ocala National Forest and Wekiva River Protection areas)
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, Fruitland Park Elementary, 304 W. Fountain St., Fruitland Park
(For residents in the Emeralda Marsh, Lady Lake and Fruitland Park areas)
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, Eustis High School, 1300 Washington Ave., Eustis
(For residents in the Umatilla, Tavares, Eustis, Mount Dora, Mt. Plymouth and Sorrento areas)
During this second round of public meetings, stakeholders are encouraged to review and submit comments about policy direction of the newly drafted comprehensive plan.
“Staff will be making a presentation of quality of life issues that were discussed at the first public participation tour and how each issue was addressed in the draft of the new comprehensive plan,” said Amye King, Planning Manager of the Lake County Comprehensive Planning Division.
Required by state law, a comprehensive plan is the foundation for local planning as it acts as an outline of the community's vision and priorities. Together, citizens, municipalities, county government and other local and regional entities play integral parts in shaping what Lake County will look like 20 years from now.
For more information about Planning Horizon 2025, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov/2025 or call (352) 343-9632.
Office: (352) 343-9609; Cell: (352) 455-0445