Advises the Board of County Commissioners on policies regarding housing affordable to extremely low, very low, low, and moderate income households and approves impact fee waivers for homes affordable to extremely low, very low, and low income households.
The County Commission is seeking (to serve a two-year term, ending Nov. 30, 2019):
- One (1) resident who is actively engaged as a for-profit provider of affordable housing
Also seeking (to serve a two-year term, ending Nov. 30, 2020):
- Resident who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing
Citizens may apply for a variance if they feel the application of the Land Development Regulations would create a substantial hardship or violate principles of fairness. The applicant has to show evidence that they are going to meet the intent of the Code that they are requesting the variance from. The Board of Adjustment approves or denies a variance request based upon staff’s report and evidence submitted during the hearing, taking into consideration the applicant’s and neighbor’s testimony in favor or against the request.
The Commission is seeking (to serve a four-year term, beginning February 1, 2019):
- One (1) representative for District 2
Members must be electors of Lake County. Appointees are required to file financial disclosure statements in conformance with State statute.
Provides the County Commission with information regarding existing programs and facilities serving the needs of elders in Lake County.
The County Commission is seeking (to serve a two-year term ending January 31, 2021):
Note: The County Commission may appoint someone to this Council who does not reside within the district.
- One (1) representative from District 4
Studies and makes recommendations to the County Commission regarding the coordination and development of a countywide library system.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete 4-year terms ending February 28, 2023):
- One (1) representative from Commission District 4
The purpose of this committee is to advise the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to the creation, operation and functions of the Mt. Plymouth-Sorrento Redevelopment Agency. The Committee shall consist of seven (7) members. All members shall have a term of two (2) years from the date of appointment and shall be eligible for reappointment. At a minimum, at least four (4) members shall own property within the Planning Area. The remaining members may be appointed from outside the Planning Area so long as they are residents or own property within a three mile radius of the Planning Area.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete two-year terms ending January 31, 2020):
- One (1) member who is a property owner within the Planning Area
Makes recommendations to the County Commission on matters relating to recreation and open space needs.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete two-year terms beginning May 21, 2019):
- One (1) representative from County Commission District 1
- One (1) representative from County Commission District 2
- One (1) representative from County Commission District 3
- One (1) representative from County Commission District 4
- One (1) representative from County Commission District 5
Makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for the effective operation of the uses of the tourist development tax revenue raised by the tax levied and may perform other such duties or functions prescribed by ordinance or resolution.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete a four-year term ending Dec. 1, 2020):
- One (1) resident involved in the tourist industry
The WellFlorida Council works for Lake and 15 other counties in north central Florida and is responsible for writing plans and setting policies to guide the development of health services in the community. Lake County holds three seats on the WellFlorida Council, designated as one consumer, one provider, and one purchaser.
The WellFlorida Council is currently seeking (to serve a two-year term ending Sept. 30, 2020):
- One (1) Lake County Purchaser - Purchasers are persons who are responsible for, or who are authorized members of, an organization responsible for purchase of health services for a group employees, either directly or through acquisition of health insurance coverage.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR THESE VACANCIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Please call 352-343-9800.
Applications may be made filled out online, or obtained in person from the Board of County Commissioners, in the lobby at the information desk or room 316, third floor, Round Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares, FL 32778 or by calling the individuals noted above.
Please note that Board of Building Examiners applicants need to use the Board of Building Examiners application form.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible.