"The Lake County Veterans Services Office is an advocate for veterans and their dependents in Lake County. We provide assistance to veterans and their dependents regarding compensation, pension, medical, educational, insurance, and death benefits. We also assist veterans and their dependents in obtaining important documentation needed to apply for benefits."
"SERVING THOSE WHO SERVED AND HAVE BORNE THE BATTLE"
Information relating to veterans benefits for any discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents may be obtained from the Lake County Veterans Service Office. For more information, call 352-742-6585.
The Lake County Veterans Service Office was organized in 1945 and is an advocate for the veterans of the State of Florida. The Office has a single purpose — service to the more than 30,000 veterans and/or their dependents at no cost, with no discrimination. The office serves as the advocate to the veteran and/or dependent for claims processing and other benefits to which they may be entitled. Highlights of the many services provided by our skilled and compassionate office staff include:
- Request for Form DD 214 (discharge from service);
- Preparation/coordination of claims for Veterans Disability Benefits;
- Burial/death benefits;
- Assistance with enrollment in Veterans Affairs (VA) health benefits;
- Applications for the VA Home Loan Program, educational and vocational training, and awards and medals; and
- Requests for veteran's name to be added on Lake County's Veteran Wall.
The Office professional staff coordinates with the VA and other federal and state agencies on benefit entitlements in order to meet the need of each individual veteran and/or dependent. All information conveyed is privileged and will be held in strict confidence.