Water Laboratory Services
- Surface Water Monitoring Program
Water Quality Services samples approximately 45 sites primarily along the Palatlakaha and Ocklawaha chains. A report was issued in 1995 on the results of this sampling and an update is in progress. Lake County also works with the St. Johns River Water Management District (WAV), the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Lake Watch and other concerned groups in monitoring and sampling various sites within Lake County.
- Stormwater NPDES/TMDLs
- Drinking Water Testing
- Lake County Landfill Regulatory Compliance
- Technical support to the Board of County Commissioners, Environmental Protection Advisory Board, other departments, permitting, information assistance, rule compliance, citizen assistance, other governments e.g. cities, counties, state.
- Assistance to other Lake County and Municipal Departments.
- Water quality information is made available to, and used by other departments, counties, state and county citizens. This not only includes data collected by Lake County but that collected by other agencies.
- Landfill Compliance Monitoring
- Lake County is required by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to monitor all permitted closed and active landfills. Currently, the Water Quality Lab monitors the Lake County, Lady Lake, Log House and Umatilla landfills on a semi-annual basis for compliance with ground water standards.