For immediate release - August 30, 2005
TAVARES — All Lake County Board of County Commission administrative offices and Lake County Clerk of the Court offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 5, to observe Labor Day.
The Lake County branch libraries and Historical Museum will also be closed for Labor Day. In addition, Lake County branch libraries will be closed Saturday, Sept. 3. All offices and branch libraries will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 6, with regularly scheduled hours.
Lake County branch libraries include the following:
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Citrus Ridge County Library, 17445 U.S. Highway 192, Suite 18, Clermont
- Cooper Memorial Library, 821 W. Minneola Ave., Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
The Lake County Solid Waste facilities and the Covanta waste-to-energy facility will be closed on Monday, Sept. 5. All facilities will resume normal operations on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
Residents in unincorporated Lake County serviced by Waste Management, Waste Services (formerly Florida Recycling) and ONYX Waste Services will not have garbage or recycling pick up on Monday, Sept. 5, in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Residential collection will resume on the next regularly scheduled pickup day — that is, the next regularly scheduled garbage collection day and the next regularly scheduled recycling collection day, as those days are different.
Residents living within city limits should contact their city for any questions concerning trash and recycling collection services.
Office: (352) 343-9609; Cell: (352) 455-0445