For immediate release - Dec. 16, 2004
TAVARES — All Lake County Board of County Commissioners administrative offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 24, and Friday, Dec. 31, for the holidays.
The Lake County branch libraries will close for the holidays on Thursday, Dec. 23, at 5 p.m. and will reopen on Monday, Dec. 27, with regularly scheduled hours. Branch libraries will also close for the New Year’s holiday on Friday, Dec. 31, and will reopen on Monday, Jan. 3, with regularly scheduled hours.
Lake County branch libraries include the following:
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Citrus Ridge County Library, 17445 Highway 192, Suite 18, Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
The Lake County Department of Environmental Services will close public access to the residential drop-off sites and landfill for the holidays at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 24, and Friday, Dec. 31.
Christmas trees will be recycled at the Lake County Landfill only, with the following schedule:
- Lake County residents may drop off Christmas trees, with all decorations removed, from Monday, Dec. 27, to Saturday, Jan. 15.
- Mulch will be available to Lake County residents at the landfill beginning Monday, Jan. 24, until supply is depleted.
The Lake County Landfill is located at 13130 County Landfill Road, Tavares. Its hours of operation are Monday-Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last load accepted); gates close promptly at 5:30 p.m.
Office: (352) 343-9609; Cell: (352) 455-0445