For immediate release - July 22, 2005
TAVARES — The second round of public meetings to explore the process of drafting a Lake County Comprehensive Plan is scheduled to kick off Aug. 1.
The first phase of public meetings were designed to allow residents to share their dreams, desires and concerns for the future of Lake County, and the second round of meetings will encourage stakeholders to review and submit comments about key components of the newly drafted comprehensive plan.
Through a series of six public meetings with different communities in Lake County from Aug. 1-10, facilitators of the comprehensive plan will be asking for the public’s input regarding initial progress in the plan. Required by state law, a comprehensive plan is the foundation for local planning as it acts as an outline of the community's vision and priorities. Together, citizens, municipalities, county government and other local and regional entities play integral parts in shaping what Lake County will look like 20 years from now.
For more information, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov/2025 or call (352) 343-9632. The six public meetings, each from 6:30 to 8 p.m., are as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 1, Lost Lake Elementary, 1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont (For residents in the Clermont, Four Corners, Mascotte, Green Swamp and Groveland areas)
- Tuesday, Aug. 2, Lake Technical Center, Kenneth A. Bragg Campus, 12900 Lane Park Cutoff Road, Tavares (For residents in the Howey-in-the-Hills, Astatula, Minneola and Montverde areas)
- Wednesday, Aug. 3, Leesburg Elementary, 2229 South St., Leesburg (For residents in the Leesburg area)
- Monday, Aug. 8, Spring Creek Elementary, 44440 Spring Creek Road, Paisley (For residents in the Ocala National Forest and Wekiva River Protection areas)
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, Fruitland Park Elementary, 304 W. Fountain St., Fruitland Park (For residents in the Emeralda Marsh, Lady Lake and Fruitland Park areas)
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, Eustis High School, 1300 Washington Ave., Eustis (For residents in the Umatilla, Tavares, Eustis, Mount Dora, Mt. Plymouth and Sorrento areas)
Office: (352) 343-9609; Cell: (352) 455-0445