GROVELAND — The Lake County Department of Community Services, in cooperation with the Florida Department of Children & Families, is hosting a “Public Assistance Day” on Tuesday, July 28, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the E.L. Puryear Building, located at 243 S. Lake Ave. in Groveland.
“This is an outreach effort, to assist persons experiencing financial hardship, one-on-one in accessing healthcare insurance, food stamps, job search and other services,” said Maria Granado, Manager of the Lake County Community Health Worker Program. “Our goal is to help those in need access local services.”
A variety of program representatives will be available for one-on-one application assistance, including:
• Medicaid/Florida KIDCARE
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps)
• Workforce Central Florida/Goodwill of Central Florida (employment)
• SHINE (health insurance for elders)
• Farm Workers Jobs & Education Program
• Child Care Choice Services (child care assistance)
• United Way (earned income credit and back taxes)
• Lake Community Action Agency
• Lake County Health Department (WIC)
• Eustis Housing Authority (Affordable Rental Housing)
• Lake County services (Transportation, Library Services, etc.)
• Other public assistance programs
For more information, call the Lake County Department of Community Services at (352) 742-6504.