CLERMONT — The Lake County Department of Community Services is hosting a “Public Assistance Day” on Tuesday, Aug. 18, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Celebration of Praise, located at 3700 S. U.S. Highway 27, Clermont.
“Our goal for this event, as it was for the Umatilla and Groveland communities, is to bring needed services to those who, for various reasons, can’t access the service providers,” said Viviana Velázquez, Community Outreach Coordinator of the Lake County Community Health Worker Program. “There are a lot of needy families in Lake County. We need to reach them, and we feel this is the best way.”
A variety of program representatives will be available for one-on-one application assistance, including:
• DCF’s Automated Community Connection to Economic Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS)
• Florida KidCare
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
• Lake County Community Health Worker Program
• Department of Children & Families
• Lake County Health Department (WIC)
• Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida
• New Vision for Independence, Inc.
• Lake Community Action Agency’s Energy Assistance Program
• Lake County Services (Transportation, Library Services, etc.)
• As well as other public assistance programs
For more information, call the Lake County Department of Community Services at (352) 742-6504.