TAVARES — Lake County residential and business solid waste customers will have a new garbage and recycling service provider beginning Monday, Sept. 28, when Waste Management, Inc., instead of Veolia Environmental Services will begin collecting garbage and recycling in the unincorporated portion of South Lake County.
Service dates for some customers may change. Should there be changes to any currently scheduled collection dates; Waste Management will notify customers prior to the change via individual door hangers.
Additionally, the Lake County Department of Environmental Utilities encourages all residents to continue to participate in the County’s Curbside Collection Recycling Program. Residential customers may recycle items such as newspaper, magazines, aluminum cans, steel cans, plastics (#1-7, all colors) and glass food containers. Lake County also recycles, cardboard including cake mix boxes, cereal boxes, egg cartons made from cardboard, shoeboxes and packing boxes also known as corrugated cardboard.
Residents may also properly dispose of their garbage and recyclables at any one of the six residential drop-off facilities located throughout the County (operating hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.):
• Astor—54721 Astor Transfer Station Rd, open Tuesday & Saturday
• Clermont (Loghouse) —10435 Log House Road, open Wednesday & Saturday
• Lady Lake —1200 Jackson St., open Tuesday & Saturday
• Paisley — 25014 Rancho Lane, open Wednesday & Saturday
• Pine Lakes — 43029 W. State Road 44, DeLand, open Tuesday & Saturday
• Solid Waste Central Facility —13130 County Landfill Road, Tavares, open Monday-Saturday
For more information regarding the service provider changes, contact Waste Management at (352) 787-4416 or Lake County Solid Waste Customer Service at (352) 253-1672. For information regarding the residential drop-off facilities, contact the Department of Environmental Utilities at 352-343-3776.