TAVARES — The Lake County Extension is hosting a seminar on “How to file an agricultural classification” on Tuesday, Nov. 17, from 6 to 8:15 p.m. at the Lake County Agricultural Center, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares.
In addition to information on what is needed to classify a property as agricultural, seminar participants will learn:
• When and what applications are due for agricultural exemption purposes
• What paperwork is needed for the Property Appraiser’s Office
• How to manage a pasture
• How many animals per acre qualifies
• How to classify a property for tax purposes
• Livestock and pasture management information from the University of Florida
The “How to file an agricultural classification” seminar is free but registration is required. To reserve a seat or for more information, call the Lake County Extension at (352) 343-4101.