TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Sheriff’s Office, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
All offices will reopen on Monday, Nov. 30, with regularly scheduled hours. The following Lake County Library System libraries will close for the Thanksgiving holiday, Nov. 26-28. Libraries will reopen on Monday with regularly scheduled hours.
• Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road †
• Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont †
• Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont †
• East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento †
• Fruitland Park Library, 205 W. Berckman St.
• Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 5th St., Montverde
• Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
• Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St. †
• Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St.
• Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42 †
• Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave.
• Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive
• W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
Lady Lake Public Library, located at 225 W. Guava St., will close Wednesday at 7 p.m. and reopen on Saturday at 9 a.m. The Leesburg Public Library, located at 100 E. Main St., will close on Wednesday at 6 p.m. and will reopen on Saturday. The City of Tavares Public Library will close Wednesday at 1 p.m. († County branch libraries will close on Wednesday at 5 p.m.)
The Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares, will be closed on Thursday but will be open on Friday. The Department of Environmental Utilities administrative offices, including customer service, will be closed both days. The Pine Lakes residential drop-off center, located at 32520 State Road 44, DeLand, will be closed Thursday, but will feature an adjusted schedule to accommodate residents by opening Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. All other drop-off centers will operate with normal schedules.
In addition, there will be no curbside solid-waste collection services on Thursday for residents of unincorporated Lake County. Regular curbside solid-waste collection services will commence on Friday. For those customers who normally receive garbage-collection services on Thursday, garbage will be collected on Monday. For those customers who receive yard waste and recycling-collection services on Thursday, Nov. 27, yard-waste and recyclables will be collected on Thursday, Dec. 3.