TAVARES — The Lake County Department of Environmental Utilities reminds all residents of unincorporated Lake County that discarded Christmas trees will be picked up as part of their regular curbside garbage-collection service on either collection day.
Trunks of trees should be less than 4 feet in length and less than 6 inches in diameter. Larger Christmas trees should be cut to appropriate dimensions, bundled together and placed at curbside for trash pick-up service.
Residents disposing of trees as yard waste at the following locations must cut trees to appropriate dimensions and remove all tinsel, lights, decorations, ornaments, nails and stands:
- Astor — Astor Transfer Station Road
- Clermont (Loghouse) —10435 Loghouse Transfer Station Road
- Lady Lake —1200 Jackson St.
- Paisley — 44225 Spring Creek Road
- Pine Lakes — 43029 State Road 44, DeLand
- Solid Waste Management Central Facility —13130 County Landfill Road, Tavares
Residents please be prepared to self unload. For more information about any of these locations, call (352) 343-3776. The Central Facility is open Monday-Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Municipal residents are advised to contact their local garbage collector or municipal office for details about Christmas tree disposal.