EUSTIS — United Southern Bank announced this week it was accepting donations for the Haitian relief effort of Lake And Sumter Emergency Recovery (LASER).
Those interested in donating to the effort for LASER’s partnership with Kids Against Hunger to package more than 30,000 meals for the Haitian people can visit any of United Southern Bank’s 11 locations:
• 24510 State Road 40, Astor
• 1510 E. State Road 50, Clermont
• 2701 S. Bay St., Eustis
• 224 U.S. Highway 27/441, Lady Lake
• 13609 U.S. Highway 441, Lady Lake
• 515 W. Main St., Leesburg
• 27524 U.S. Highway 27, Leesburg
• 10021 County Road 44 West, Lisbon
• 19010 U.S. Highway 441, Mount Dora
• 1303 New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
• 750 N. Central Ave., Umatilla
The meals packaged at LASER in Eustis will be delivered by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office to the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport for distribution in Haiti. The meals, which cost about 23 cents apiece, include healthy, vitamin-rich foods, such as rice and soy.
LASER will be packaging meals for its “Operation Haiti Relief” on Thursday, Jan. 28, from 5 to 8 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 29, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers wishing to help with the effort are required to register by Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 4 p.m. A registration form is available at the LASER office, located at 27 E. Pinehurst Blvd. in Eustis, by calling (352) 483-1029 or e-mailing email@example.com.