TAVARES — The seven winners of the Lake County Complete Count Committee’s poster design contest were honored at the Lake County School Board meeting Monday evening.
Poster design winners received a $20 gift certificate to Books-A-Million and a book bag of promotional items from the Local Census Office. The seven selected winners are:
- Nicholas Heber Dolanski, 12th grade, South Lake High School
- Ashley Widle, 7th grade, Carver Middle School
- Courtney Swarthout, 5th grade, Fruitland Park Elementary
- Isabella Martinez, 5th grade, Minneola Elementary Charter School
- Nicole Cabada Valle, 5th grade, Pine Ridge Elementary School
- Britney Kouchalakos, 4th grade, Minneola Elementary Charter School
- Ashley Kohn, 2nd grade, Minneola Elementary Charter School
All 150 entries received for the poster design contest are displayed in the Lake County Administration Building, located at 315 W. Main St. in Tavares. Winning entries are available to download on Lake County Census Web page at http://census.lakecountyfl.gov.
The Lake County Complete Count Committee sponsored the poster design contest for Lake County students in grades kindergarten through 12th grade to help inform citizens about the 2010 U.S. Census. On hand for the presentation before the School Board on Monday was Robert Peraza, Chairman of the Lake County Complete Count Committee.
“The U.S. Constitution requires the national census,” Peraza said. “Every person living in the United States must be counted. An accurate census count guides the distribution annually of more than $4 billion in federal funding to local communities.”
No slides were found for this slideshow.