TAVARES — Staff from the Lake County Department of Information Technology, Geographic Information Services (GIS) Division, has written numerous case studies on the projects they have undertaken recently with a focus on return on investment, cost savings and government efficiency and placed them on the County’s Web site.
Each case study is formalized into a standard, one- or two-page template to give them a professional look with bulleted highlights, return on investments and contact information that can be quickly viewed. The lead staff member who worked on the project writes the case studies.
“As more of these case studies get written and disseminated, I hope the public will begin to realize that GIS is not just a nice paper map displayed in a commission meeting or stuffed into a dry report that never gets read,” said Kevin Willis, Director of the Lake County GIS Division. “But rather it is a powerful and useful tool — a tool that can be used by others to make them more productive and efficient in their business processes.”
The collection of 10 online case studies includes:
- Lake County GIS Web Solutions Realizes a Staggering Return on Investment
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program reaches top priority targets indentified through GIS
- Evaluating Future Commercial Sites using GIS Technology
- Lake County Shares an Energy Conservation Solution using GIS Technologies
- Lake County Address Assignment Goes Digital
- Lake County Enhances Fire Rescue Response Zones with GIS and Network Analyst
- Lake County GIS Technologies are Leveraging the Playing Field
- Lake County Tax Parcels Migrate to an Enterprise GIS
- GIS KML Technology Improves Public Works Traffic Count Map
- Lake County Streamlines Zoning and Permits With New GIS Map Application
For more information about the Lake County GIS Division, call (352) 742-6551.