TAVARES — The Lake County Extension Office is alerting local agricultural operations about an opportunity to learn more about financial planning at the Florida Agriculture Financial Management Conference on May 20-21 at the Rosen Plaza in Orlando.
The Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association (FNGLA) partnered with team members from Farm Credit, McGladrey & Pullen and the University of Florida to gather the key financial gurus from across the country.
“Agriculture has a strong impact on Florida’s economy,” said Juanita Popenoe, Director of the Lake County Extension. “Industry members who are financially strong will be the driving force that helps returns Florida’s economy to brighter days.”
The low registration fee of $90 per person has been made possible through a Specialty Crop Block Grant funded by the Department of Agriculture. Hotel rate for the conference is $89 plus tax and reservations can be made by calling 1-800-627-8258.
For more details about the Florida Agriculture Financial Management Conference, including how to register, log on to FNGLA Web site at www.fngla.org/shows/financial/index.aspx. For more information, call Linda Reindl at 407-295-7994.
Speakers for the conference include:
- Brian C. Briggeman from Omaha Branch/Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in Omaha, Neb.
- Dick Witman from Whitman Consulting in Culdesac, Idaho
- Jim Paluch from JP Horizons, Inc. in Painesville, Ohio
- Dave Hogan from SPD, LLC in Lexington, S.C.
- Dr. Michael Gunderson from the University of Florida
- Dr. Michael Boehlje from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind.
- Walt Coleman from Coleman Dairy in Little Rock, Ark.
- Dr. Edmond Seifried from Lafayette College in Easton, Pa.
- Dr. Charles Hall from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas
- David Poparad from RSM McGladrey, Inc. in Orlando
- Jeffrey K. Hansler, CSP, from Oxford Company in Huntington Beach, Calif.