GROVELAND — To celebrate National Tourism Week, Lake County Tourism & Business Relations will host Lake County Tourism Day on Friday, May 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lake County Welcome Center, located at 20763 U.S. Highway 27, Groveland.
Lake County residents and visitors are encouraged to attend this event, as it will include presentations by local tourism businesses, free handouts, refreshments and information about Lake County's tourism industry. Tourism Day includes participation from the following businesses:
- A Hitch N’ Time in Mount Dora — Free carriage rides and information
- Central Florida Nature Adventures in Eustis — Kayaking presentation and display
- Land of Green Ginger Alpacas in Eustis — Alpacas will be available to pet and observe
- Segway of Central Florida in Mount Dora — Presentation of the Segways
- Showcase of Citrus in Clermont — Display available with samples and brochures
- World Wakeboard Center in Groveland — Display available with brochures
- Yalaha Country Bakery — Fresh-baked goods to sample
The past year, Lake County Tourism & Business Relations has been busy introducing new initiatives to help spur the local tourism economy. Some of these new projects include the online trip planner at www.lakecountyfl.com, an updated Lake County Vacation Guide, Weddings & Celebrations Guide, wedding planner at www.weddingsinlake.com, Lake County Tourism blog at http://lakecountyfl.wordpress.com and a discount VIP Vacation Card.
“We also worked to promote the location of the Lake County Welcome Center,” said Debi Dyer, Lake County Tourism Specialist. “State Sen. Carey Baker was instrumental in helping us get signs placed on Florida’s Turnpike directing motorists to the Welcome Center. In addition, new art work at the Welcome Center was donated to us by a local artist.”
For more information about Lake County Tourism Day, call Debi Dyer at (352) 429-3673 or log on to www.lakecountyfl.com.