TAVARES — The Lake County Extension Office, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares, will host a hurricane-preparation conference titled “Preparing for the Storm” on Thursday, July 13, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Bob Norris Auditorium.
The conference is geared toward homeowners, farmers and livestock owners as the last hour of the conference will include break-out sessions for each. The event will also supply information about insurance and generators. Guest speakers for the event include:
• Jerry Smith, Director of the Lake County Emergency Management Division
• David Zierden, Assistant State Climatologist
• Chris O’Keefe, Director of Sales at Powertech Generators
• Bryan Nelson with Nelson’s Insurance Service
• Juanita Popenoe, Lake County Extension Agent of Regional Commercial Horticulture
• Julie England, Lake County Extension Agent of Family & Consumer Science
• Martha Thomas, Lake County Extension Agent of Livestock and Natural Resources
The event is free, but registration is required by Monday, July 10. For more information or to register, call Martha Thomas at (352) 343-4101.