TAVARES — As part of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant program, Lake County is conducting a pilot program by selecting one home and one small commercial building to receive free energy efficiency retrofits (up to a $3,000 value) to show how small investments in energy efficiency reduce energy costs.
The results of the pilot program will be publicized to create excitement in the community about energy savings associated with modest building upgrades and repairs, and to help encourage participation in the associated retrofit rebate program anticipated to begin next summer.
To be eligible to submit an entry, the following minimum qualifications apply:
- Structure is located in Lake County
- Structure is owner-occupied
- Owner has one year of electric service history at structure
- Structure was built prior to 2000
- No energy efficiency upgrades to the structure in the past 10 years
- For small business owner, monthly energy usage must be 50 kilowatts or less
- Candidate is not employed by a local, state or federal government agency (including school boards) and is not an immediate family member of a government employee
- Home is a single-family, site-built dwelling
- Home is not a mobile or manufactured home
- Structure is not on any historic registry or within a historic district
1. Log on to the Retrofit Pilot Program page
2. Click on the provided link (http://hes.lbl.gov/consumer/) to complete an online audit. Save the session number on the upper left, as it will be required for the Retrofit Pilot Program Entry Form.
3. Complete the Retrofit Pilot Program Entry Form online at Retrofit Pilot Program page
1. Complete the Retrofit Pilot Program Entry Form online at Retrofit Pilot Program page
All entries must be received by Sept. 30. Lake County will select one homeowner and one small commercial building owner as the pilot program participants on Oct. 15, 2010. The County anticipates completing the retrofit pilot program by March 30, 2011. For more information, log on to the EECBG page or call (352) 343-9503.