TAVARES — The Lake County Clerk of Courts, in cooperation with the Lake County Department of Information Technology, Information Outreach Division, launched a completely redesigned and reorganized Lake County Clerk of Courts website at www.lakecountyclerk.org.
“We are constantly looking for better ways to serve the public. This new website will do that very thing. The upgrades in technology incorporated into the re-designed site allow all users efficient retrieval of information. It is noteworthy that this was a collaborative effort between the Clerk’s Office and the County’s Information Outreach Division. It produced a user-friendly website in a very cost-effective manner,” said Neil Kelly, Clerk of the Circuit Court.
For the next two weeks, the existing Clerk’s website will run simultaneously with the new website. Some of the differences users will notice in addition to a more vibrant color palette and improved navigation are:
- Improved accessibility with options to increase text size
- A text only version for users with low bandwidth
- Search functions enhanced with Google hardware
- An advanced public sales calendar with direct links to foreclosure sale cases
- Tax deeds link directly to information on the Property Appraiser’s website
- Updated maps to facilities
- More in-depth information about the Lake County Clerk of Courts function and roles
- Frequently asked questions on many pages to assist users
Lake County’s Information Outreach Division spent nearly six months developing and testing the site with the assistance from staff of the Clerk of Courts’ Information Resources Department.
“One of the improvements we implemented into the site is a more streamlined method for Clerk of Courts staff to make Web updates with an administration console,” said Elizabeth Heine, Lake County Internet Applications Developer.
The new Lake County Clerk of Courts’ website design uses the latest version of .NET programming, a substantial improvement from the older site, based on technology used nearly a decade ago.