TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed Monday, Feb. 21 in observance of President’s Day.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will be closed for President’s Day and will reopen on Tuesday, Feb. 22, with regularly scheduled hours:
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
- Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
- Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
- Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
- Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
- W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
Libraries that will remain open on Feb. 21 include:
- Fruitland Park Library, located at 205 W. Berckman St.
- Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
- Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., Leesburg
- City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
The Lake County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste customer service and administrative offices will be closed Feb. 21. The Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares will remain open, with hours of operation being 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last load accepted). All residential garbage and recycling collection will have normal operations on Feb. 21, but all drop-off centers will be closed as normally scheduled.
LakeXpress, Lake County’s fixed-route bus service, along with Lake County Connection, the County’s door-to-door paratransit service, will operate as normal on Feb. 21.