TAVARES— All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will also be closed May 30 and will reopen on Tuesday, May 31, with regularly scheduled hours:
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
- City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
- Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
- Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
- Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
- Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., Leesburg
- Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
- Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
- W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
The Fruitland Park Library, located at 205 W. Berckman St. will close on Saturday, May 28 and Monday, May 30, and will reopen on Tuesday, May 31 with normal operating hours.
The Lake County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste customer service and administrative offices will be closed May 30. The Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares will also be closed, with hours of operation resuming on Tuesday, May 31. All residential garbage and recycling collection for unincorporated Lake County will not be collected on May 30, but will resume on the next scheduled date for garbage and recycling collection. All drop-off centers will be closed as normally scheduled.
LakeXpress, Lake County’s public transportation service, will not operate on May 30. For more information about LakeXpress, or to view a bus schedule, call (352) 326-8637 or log on to www.RideLakeXpress.com.