TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed Monday, Sept. 5 to observe Labor Day.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will also be closed Sept.5:
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
- City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
- Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
- Fruitland Park Library, 205 W. Berckman St., Fruitland Park
- Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
- Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
- Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., Leesburg
- Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
- Marion Baysinger Memorial Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
- Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
- W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora (also closed Saturday, Sept. 3)
The Lake County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste customer service and administrative offices will be closed Sept. 5. The Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares will also be closed, with hours of operation resuming on Tuesday, Sept. 6. All residential garbage and recycling collection for unincorporated Lake County will not be collected on Sept. 5, but will resume on the next scheduled date for garbage and recycling collection. All drop-off centers, which are closed on Mondays, will be closed as normally scheduled.
LakeXpress, Lake County’s public transportation service, will not operate on Sept. 5, and will resume services on Sept. 6. For more information about LakeXpress, call (352) 326-8637 or log on to www.RideLakeXpress.com.