HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS — The Lake County Office of Economic Development & Tourism will be hosting the First Annual Economic Development Summit on Monday, Nov. 14 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Mission Inn Resort & Club, located at 10400 County Road 48, Howey-in-the-Hills.
The Summit agenda features nationally renowned speakers who will present best practices in workforce development, economic development, site selection and strategic planning. Business leaders, entrepreneurs, educational and workforce partners, as well as elected officials are encouraged to attend.
“This will be an all-day, action-packed event,” said Scott Blankenship, Economic Development & Tourism Director. “All attendees will be informed and inspired, so that together we can lead Lake County into a healthy and prosperous 2012.”
Scheduled speakers include:
- Jay A. Garner, CEcD, CCE, president and founder of Garner Economics, LLC
- Debra Lyons, ACT’s Vice President of Community and Economic Development
- B. Thomas Mancuso, SIOR, an industrial and commercial real estate professional that specializes in adaptive reuse of buildings for economic development
- Ed Morrison, a member of the staff of the Center for Regional Development at Purdue University
- Sean Snaith, Ph.D., Director of the University of Central Florida’s Institute for Economic Competitiveness and a nationally recognized economist in the field of business and economic forecasting
- Rick L. Weddle, President and CEO of the Metro Orlando EDC
Dr. Charles Mojock, President of Lake-Sumter Community College will be the Master of Ceremonies.
Registration is $50, and includes breakfast and lunch. The number of attendees is limited to the first 250, and deadline for registration is Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 5 p.m.
Limited sponsorship opportunities are also still available for local businesses and organizations.
For more information about the summit, or to learn about sponsorship availability, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov/summit, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (352) 742-3918.