HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS —The agenda for Lake County’s First Annual Economic Development Summit will feature nationally renowned speakers and an action-packed agenda to include best practices in workforce development, economic development, site selection and strategic planning.
The event is being held on Monday, Nov. 14 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Mission Inn Resort & Club, located at 10400 County Road 48, Howey-in-the-Hills. The event will be followed by an after-hours reception hosted by the Lake County Chamber Alliance.
The day’s agenda is as follows:
- 7:30 – 8:10 Registration, Continental Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Open
- 8:10 – 8:30 Welcome by Charles R. Mojock, Ph.D
- 8:30 – 9:30 Understanding What Makes Good Communities Great by Jay Garner, CEcD, CCE
- 9:30 – 10:30 Regional Economic Development in Central Florida by Rick Weddle
- 10:30 – 10:45 Refreshment Break & Exhibit Hall Open
- 10:45 – 11:30 Real Estate Reuse & Redevelopment by Thomas Mancuso, SIOR
- 11:30 – 12:00 Break, Exhibit Hall Open
- 12:00 – 12:05 Event update by Charles R. Mojock, Ph.D
- 12:05 – 1:30 Lunch Presentation – Regional Economic Update & Forecast by Sean Snaith, Ph.D.
- 1:30 – 2:40 Workforce Development by Debra Lyons
- 2:40 – 3:00 Refreshment Break & Exhibit Hall Open
- 3:00 – 4:15 Strategic Doing by Ed Morrison
- 4:15 – 4:45 Summary & Next Steps by Charles R. Mojock, Ph.D
Business leaders, entrepreneurs, educational and workforce partners, as well as elected officials are encouraged to attend.
Registration is $50, and includes breakfast and lunch. The number of attendees is limited to the first 250, and deadline for registration is Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 5 p.m.
Limited sponsorship opportunities are also still available for local businesses and organizations.
For more information about the summit, or to learn about sponsorship availability, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov/summit, email email@example.com, or call (352) 742-3918.