TAVARES — The Lake County Department of Public Works will close from Monday, Sept. 11, to Friday, Sept. 15, for office relocations.
Currently housed at 123 N. Sinclair Ave, adjacent to the Lake County Judicial Center in downtown Tavares, the Department of Public Works is vacating the two-story office building to accommodate office space needs for additional judicial staff. The majority of Public Works’ divisions will move to a leased office complex at 437 Ardice Ave. in Eustis.
The divisions of Road Operations, Parks and Trails and the administration of Fleet Management will move to a former satellite office of the Department of Community Services at 31150 Industry Drive in Tavares. This relocation is temporary as an additional facility off of Ardice Avenue is to be constructed in the next six months to accommodate the remaining divisions of the Department of Public Works.
The Department of Public Works will reopen on Monday, Sept. 18. Flood map determinations will continue to be completed during the week of Sept. 11 by Public Works staff on the fifth floor of the Lake County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares.
The new general information phone number for the Department of Public Works is (352) 483-9000. Other new phone numbers for the Department of Public Works are as follows:
437 Ardice Ave. location
• Construction Inspection (352) 483-9000
• Development Review (352) 483-9041
• Director’s Office (352) 483-9005
• Driveway and Right-of-way Utilization permits (352) 483-9000
• Engineering Division (352) 483-9040
• Flood Determinations (352) 483-9081
• Map Sales (352) 483-9069
• Special Assessments (352) 483-9020
• Stormwater (352) 483-9080
• Subdivisions (352) 483-9007
• Traffic Counts (352) 483-9093
• Vacation Petitions (352) 483-9001
31150 Industry Drive location
• Fleet Management (352) 742-1348
• Parks and Trails (352) 742-0992
• Road Operations (352) 742-0478