TAVARES — The University of Florida/Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) Extension in Lake County will provide a free webinar, entitled “Financial Planning When Retirement Is Near,” from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18.
Those interested may register at http://bit.ly/RetireIncome.
The session will help people who are 10 years or less from retirement plan for their financial needs. Topics will include:
• Calculating expenses
• Planning financial distribution options and strategies, including pensions, employee-sponsored plans and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
• Evaluating if, when and how much to annuitize
• Determining when to take Social Security funds
• Strategizing to make assets last longer
• Choosing financial advisors and professionals
This webinar, as along with previous ones, will be made available for viewing afterwards at http://bit.ly/extwebinars.
The UF/IFAS Extension in Lake County provides research-based information and educational programs cooperatively with the Lake County Board of County Commissioners and the University of Florida for all aspects of horticulture, agriculture, food safety, the home environment, financial management and 4-H youth programs.
The mission of the UF/IFAS Extension in Lake County is to develop knowledge in agricultural, human and natural resources and to make that knowledge accessible to sustain and enhance the quality of human life. The Extension provides free consultations as well as educational programs on a variety of subjects. The foundation for the Gator Nation – An Equal Opportunity Institute.