TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will close Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 30. Libraries will reopen on Monday, Dec. 2, with regularly scheduled hours.
- Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
- Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
- Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont
- East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
- Fruitland Park Library, 205 W. Berckman St., Fruitland Park
- Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
- Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
- Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
- Marion Baysinger Memorial Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
- Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
- Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
- City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
- Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
- W. T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
County branch libraries and the Fruitland Park Library will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27. The W.T. Bland Public Library and the Leesburg Public Library will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, with the Leesburg Public Library re-opening on Saturday with normal operating hours.
Lake County’s Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares, including customer service and all residential convenience center locations, will be closed on Thanksgiving day. The Pine Lakes residential convenience center will open on Wednesday, Nov. 27 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in lieu of being open on Thursday. All collection services, as well as the Central Solid Waste Facility, not including customer service, will resume normal operations on Friday, Nov. 29.
Both Lake County Connection, the County’s disadvantaged transportation service and LakeXpress, Lake County’s public transportation service, will be closed on Thursday, but will operate as normal on Friday, Nov. 29.
The Lake County Welcome Center, located at 20763 U.S. Highway 27, Groveland will also be closed on Thursday and Friday.