TAVARES — The government-access television channels of Lake County will broadcast live the memorial services for Sheriff Chris Daniels on Friday, Oct. 20, at 10 a.m.
The service is expected to last about one hour. The government-access stations will continue the coverage of the memorial services at approximately noon at the cemetery. The government-access channels for Lake County are 13 and 22 on Comcast cable, 99 on Bright House and 4 on Florida Cable. For more information about the memorial services for Sheriff Daniels, log on to www.lcso.org.
The Lake County Judicial Center will be closed to the public Friday. All other County Government offices will be opened with limited staffing during the memorial services. Customers of Lake County Connections, the County’s disadvantaged transportation service, should expect delayed or interrupted services due to increased traffic in the area.
Traffic congestion is expected throughout much of the day between Eustis and Tavares. According to the Sheriff's Office, the following road closures are planned for Friday's services:
- 8 a.m.-2 p.m., State Road 44 between Estes Road and 44 Bypass in Eustis
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., State Road 44 from First Baptist Church of Eustis,
3551 E. Orange Ave., to South State Road 19 (Bay Road in Eustis)
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., State Road 19 from State Road 44 to U.S. Highway 441 in Eustis
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., U.S. Highway 441 northbound lane from State Road 19 in Eustis to South State Road 19 in Tavares
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., South State Road 19 in Tavares, southbound lane, to Dead River Road
- Dead River Road from State Road 19 to the Tavares Cemetery will shut down during the procession only