TAVARES – The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will be holding budget workshops over the next several months regarding Libraries, Solid Waste Operations, Public Works Operations, Stormwater, Human Services, Economic Development, Inmate Medical, Parks, Fire, Fleet, Information Technology, Facilities, Public Transit, Sales Tax and Non-Departmental Funding Allocations. As these workshops are scheduled, they will appear on the Lake County Board of County Commissioners Commission meeting agendas.
On Tuesday, Feb. 10, The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will hear a presentation on Millages and Revenues. The meeting begins at 9 a.m. inside the Commission Chambers, located at 315 W. Main Street, Tavares.
Notable dates in 2015 involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are as follow:
• Feb. 10 – Budget workshop: Presentation of Millages and Revenues
• Feb. 24 – Budget workshop: Presentation on Libraries
• June 1 – Constitutional budgets due. Preliminary property value numbers are reported
• June 23 – Budget workshop: Budget Summary, Property Values, & Constitutional Budgets
• July 1 - Property Appraiser’s office certifies Taxable Value
• July 21 – Adoption of Millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 24 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• Sept. 8 - The Board of County Commissioners holds first Public Hearing on the budget and millage, which was noticed on TRIM
• Sept. 22 - The Board of County Commissioners holds the Final Public Hearing to adopt the millage and budget. Hearing cannot be held sooner than two days nor later than five days after it is advertised in the newspaper.
*Additional workshops may be scheduled between March and June. Some dates subject to change.*
The Board of County Commissioners meetings will stream live at www.lakecountyfl.gov. Budget documents will be made available online at www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget/.