TAVARES – The Lake County Board of County Commissioners is planning several budget workshops through June on various topics related to governmental operations. On Tuesday, Feb. 24, The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will hear a presentation on Libraries.
The meeting begins at 9 a.m. inside the Commission Chambers, located at 315 W. Main Street, Tavares. The Board meetings will stream live at www.lakecountyfl.gov.
As future workshops are scheduled, they will appear on the Lake County Board of County Commissioners Commission meeting agendas.
Additional upcoming dates involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are as follows:
• June 1 – Constitutional budgets due. Preliminary property value numbers are reported
• June 23 – Budget workshop: Budget Summary, Property Values, & Constitutional Budgets
• July 1 - Property Appraiser’s office certifies Taxable Value
• July 21 – Adoption of Millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 24 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• Sept. 8 - The Board of County Commissioners holds first Public Hearing on the budget and millage, which was noticed on TRIM
• Sept. 22 - The Board of County Commissioners holds the Final Public Hearing to adopt the millage and budget. Hearing cannot be held sooner than two days nor later than five days after it is advertised in the newspaper.
Budget documents will be made available online at www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget/.