TAVARES – The Lake County Board of County Commissioners is planning several budget workshops through June on various topics related to governmental operations. On Tuesday, March 10, The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will hear a presentation on Public Transportation.
The meeting begins at 9 a.m. inside the Commission Chambers, located at 315 W. Main Street, Tavares. The Board meetings will stream live at www.lakecountyfl.gov.
As future workshops are scheduled, they will appear on the Lake County Board of County Commissioners Commission meeting agendas.
Additional upcoming dates involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are as follows:
• June 1 – Constitutional budgets due. Preliminary property value numbers are reported
• June 23 – Budget workshop: Budget Summary, Property Values, & Constitutional Budgets
• July 1 - Property Appraiser’s office certifies Taxable Value
• July 21 – Adoption of Millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 24 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• September - The Board of County Commissioners will hold two Public Hearing on the budget and millage, which was noticed on TRIM
Budget documents will be made available online at www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget/.