TAVARES – The Lake County Board of County Commissioners is planning several budget workshops through the end of June on various topics related to governmental operations. On Tuesday, March 24, Commissioners will hear presentations on Health and Human Services and Public Works Operations (excluding Solid Waste).
The meeting begins at 9 a.m. inside the Board Chambers, located on the second floor of the County Administrative Building, 315 W. Main Street, Tavares. The Board meetings will stream live at www.lakecountyfl.gov.
As future workshops are scheduled, they will appear on the Commissioners’ meeting agendas.
Additional upcoming dates involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are as follows:
• June 1 – Constitutional budgets due. Preliminary property value numbers are reported
• June 23 – Budget workshop: Budget Summary, Property Values, & Constitutional Budgets
• July 1 - Property Appraiser’s office certifies Taxable Value
• July 21 – Adoption of Millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 24 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• September - The Board of County Commissioners will hold two Public Hearings on the budget and millage, which will be stated on TRIM notices.
Budget documents will be made available online at www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget.