TAVARES – Lake County’s Economic Development & Tourism Division, in conjunction with the county’s Communications Department, is announcing the official launch of the county’s new tourism website www.visitlakefl.com.
“One of the goals for developing a new online portal was to introduce visitors and locals alike to amenities within the county,” said Robert Chandler, director of Lake County’s Economic Growth Department. “The new website, designed and developed by the county’s Communications team, is comprehensive, clean and modern. It is sure to make a great first impression, and in turn, attract visitors to see firsthand what makes us ‘Real Florida. Real Close.’”
The website was developed in-house and designed using advanced web technologies. It includes the following features allowing users to get the most out of their trip.
• “Explore Lake County” offers area descriptions, attractions and popular events by region
• “What’s Nearby?” interactive map allows users to search for attractions by proximity and category
• Filtered listings help narrow down searches
• Suggested itineraries and the My Trip Planner make planning a trip to the area easy
• Annual events and calendar to keep visitors informed
• Social media components include Facebook, Twitter, Flickr libraries, travel blog, media gallery and more
“Lake County is no longer the ‘best kept secret’ in Central Florida, with tourism increasing more than 8 percent this year and over 15 percent since October 2014,” said Commissioner Welton Cadwell, chairman of the Lake County Tourist Development Council. “Now, the rest of the world will be able find out what we already know - Lake County is a great place to visit for a day, a week, and to live.”
Tourism-related businesses wishing to be listed on the site, or have their information updated or changed, may email firstname.lastname@example.org.