TAVARES – The Lake County Board of County Commissioners is continuing to host several budget workshops through the end of June on various topics related to governmental operations. On Tuesday, May 19, Commissioners will hear presentations on housing services and solid waste.
The meeting begins at 9 a.m. inside the Board Chambers, located on the second floor of the County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares. The Board meeting will also stream live at http://lakecountyfl.suiteonemedia.com/web/site.aspx.
As future workshops are scheduled, they will appear on the Commissioners’ meeting agendas.
Additional upcoming dates involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are as follows:
• June 1 – Constitutional budgets due. Preliminary property value numbers are reported
• June 23 – Budget workshop: Budget Summary, Property Values, & Constitutional Budgets
• July 1 - Property Appraiser’s office certifies Taxable Value
• July 21 – Adoption of Millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 24 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• Sept. 15 at 5:05 p.m. – The Board of County Commissioners will hold its first Public Hearing on the budget and millage at the Board Chambers
• Sept. 29 at 5:05 p.m. - The Board of County Commissioners will hold its second and final Public Hearing on the budget at the Board Chambers and adopt the millage rate.
Budget documents will be made available online at www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget.