TAVARES – The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will hear a presentation on the fire assessment on Tuesday, June 23 during the regular board meeting beginning at 9 a.m. inside the Board Chambers, located on the second floor of the County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares.
The budget summary presentation, which includes property values and constitutional budgets, which had been previously scheduled for June 23, will instead be held at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 7.
Additional upcoming dates involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are scheduled as follows:
• July 1 - Property Appraiser’s office certifies Taxable Value
• July 7– Budget workshop: Budget Summary, Property Values, & Constitutional Budgets
• July 21 – Adoption of Millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 24 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• Sept. 15 at 5:05 p.m. – The Board of County Commissioners will hold its first Public Hearing on the budget and millage at the Board Chambers
• Sept. 29 at 5:05 p.m. - The Board of County Commissioners will hold its second and final Public Hearing on the budget at the Board Chambers and adopt the millage rate.
Board meetings will stream live at http://lakecountyfl.suiteonemedia.com/web/site.aspx.
Budget documents will be made available online at www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget.