TAVARES — The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will hear the county manager’s budget summary presentation for fiscal year 2016, which includes certified property values and constitutional budgets, at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 7.
Additional upcoming dates involving the budget and TRIM (Truth in Millage) notices are scheduled as follows:
• July 21 – Adoption of millage for TRIM notices
• Aug. 4 – The Board of County Commissioners advises the Property Appraiser of proposed millage
• Aug. 20 - Property Appraiser mails TRIM notices of proposed property taxes
• Sept. 15 at 5:05 p.m. – The Board of County Commissioners will hold its first Public Hearing on the budget and millage at the Board Chambers
• Sept. 29 at 5:05 p.m. - The Board of County Commissioners will hold its second and final Public Hearing on the budget at the Board Chambers and adopt the millage rate.
Board meetings will stream live at http://lakecountyfl.suiteonemedia.com/web/site.aspx and additional budget documents will be made available online at http://www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/fiscal_and_administrative_services/budget.