TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector will be closed on Friday, Dec. 25 for Christmas and on Friday, Jan. 1 for the New Year. The Lake County Supervisor of Elections Office will be closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. To coincide with the holiday closures of the Lake County Courthouse, the Lake County Clerk of Court’s Office will also be closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
Lake County Connection, the county’s transportation disadvantaged service, and LakeXpress, the fixed-route bus system, will not operate on either Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.
The Lake County Welcome Center, 20763 U.S. Highway 27 in Groveland, and the Lake County Extension Office and Discovery Gardens, 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares, will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The Lake County Farmers’ and Flea Market, located at the Lake County Expo Center/Fairgrounds at 2101 County Road 452 in Eustis, normally open on Thursdays, will be open during normal business hours on both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will be closed from Thursday, Dec. 24 at 5 p.m. through Saturday, Dec. 26. The following libraries will also close Thursday, Dec. 31 at 5 p.m. and will remain closed through Friday, Jan. 1.
• Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
• Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
• East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437 S., Sorrento
• Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
• Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
The following libraries will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1:
• Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 5th St., Montverde
• Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
• Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
• Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
The following libraries will have special holiday hours, as follows:
• Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Dr., Clermont, will be closed Dec. 18 and 19; Hours for Dec. 21-23 are 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. It will be open Dec. 24 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and closed Friday, Dec. 25 – Sunday Dec. 27. Hours for Dec. 28 – 30 are 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. The library will be open on Thursday, Dec. 31 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. It will be closed from Friday, Jan 1 – Sunday, Jan. 3. Normal operating hours resume on Jan. 4.
• Fruitland Park Library, 205 W. Berckman St., Fruitland Park, will close at 4 p.m. on Dec. 23 and will remain closed through Dec. 25. On Dec. 31, the library will be open until 4 p.m. It will be closed on Jan. 1.
• Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., Leesburg, will be closed Dec. 24-25 and on Jan. 1. It will close at 6 p.m. on Dec. 31.
• Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills, will be closed Dec. 24-28. It will be open on Dec. 31 until 5 p.m. and closed from Jan. 1-3.
• City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares, will be closed Dec. 24-27, and will be open on Dec. 31 until 5 p.m. It will be closed from Jan. 1-3.
• W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora, will be closed Dec. 24-26 and Dec. 31- Jan. 2.