TAVARES — LakeXpress, Lake County’s fixed route public transit service, is announcing service enhancements and minor route changes that go into effect Tuesday, May 31.
“Lake County Public Transit determined that expanding some of our routes, such as Route 1 and Route 50, would allow for a more timely and reliable service for our patrons,” said Tomika Monterville, Lake County Transit Division manager. “We are confident that with these minor changes, we can make major improvements to the county’s public transportation system.”
Route 1A -The Villages to Leesburg
• Departs from Citizens Boulevard via U.S. Highway 27/441 to The Villages’ Spanish Springs; serving Fruitland Park, Lady Lake and The Villages
• Serves Walmart at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and U.S. Highway 27/441 in Leesburg
Route 1 – Leesburg to Eustis
• Departs from Citizens Boulevard to Eustis via U.S. Highway 27/441
• No longer travels north beyond Citizens Boulevard on U.S. Highway 27/441
• Relocation of Via Port Mall bus stop to U.S. Highway 441 at Radio Road
• Now serves the Lake County Extension Center traveling clockwise: (south on 19, west on Woodlea Road, north on Captain Haynes Road and east on Dead River Road)
Route 2- Leesburg Circulator
• No longer serves Walmart at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and U.S. Highway 27/441 in Leesburg
• No longer serves Hill Street
Route 3- Mount Dora Circulator
• Stop at Limit Avenue and Unser Street moved to Lincoln Avenue and Wardell Street
Route 4 – Altoona to Zellwood
• No longer waits at the Anthony House in Zellwood for Lynx bus transfers
Route 50 West - Mascotte to Clermont
• Starts in Mascotte and travels via State Road 50 to Clermont Park & Ride on U.S. Highway 27
• Now serves Mascotte Civic Center traveling north on N. Sunset Avenue, east on Palmetto Drive and south on Bluff Lake Road
• Now serves shopping and employment on U.S. Highway 27 via Steve’s Road, Cross Ridge Road and Johns Lake Road
Route 50 East - Clermont to Winter Garden
• Starts at Clermont Park & Ride on U.S. Highway 27 and travels via State Road 50 to Winter Garden Regional Shopping Center
Riders should expect minor time adjustments as these changes are implemented. To view a list of new bus stops and schedules, visit www.ridelakexpress.com or pick up a brochure about the service enhancements on any LakeXpress bus.
LakeXpress fares are $1 each way, $3 for an unlimited day pass, or $8 for a 10-ride pass. Exact change is required. Students with a valid school ID ride free, and seniors and veterans ride for half price with ID. Transfer passes are free for single, one-way trips. Buses are equipped for disabled passengers (ADA accessible) and also have bicycle racks.
To find out more about LakeXpress, call LakeXpress Customer Service at 352-326-8637, visit www.ridelakexpress.com, or contact Lake County Public Transit at 352-323-5733.