EMERGENCY OPERATIONS STATUS
Level 1: Full Activation
CITIZENS INFORMATION LINE
The Citizens Information Line is open 24 hours for citizens needing emergency information and can be reached at 352-253-9999.
LAKE COUNTY SHELTERS
All Lake County primary and special needs shelters are pet friendly, and are now open in the following locations:
Astatula Elementary, 13925 Florida Ave., Astatula
Leesburg Elementary, 2229 South St., Leesburg — special-needs
Lost Lake Elementary, 1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont — special-needs
Mascotte Elementary, 460 Midway Ave., Mascotte
Round Lake Elementary, 31333 Round Lake Road, Mount Dora
Spring Creek Elementary, 44440 Spring Creek Road, Paisley
Treadway Elementary, 10619 Treadway School Road, Leesburg
Umatilla Elementary, 401 Lake St., Umatilla — special-needs
Villages Elementary, 695 Rolling Acres Road, Lady Lake — special-needs
SUPPLIES TO BRING TO SHELTERS
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Important personal documents
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
PETS AT SHELTERS
Pets must be brought to shelters in a carrier that is marked with the owner’s name, address and two phone numbers. Owners must have documentation of up-to-date rabies vaccinations for their pets. Owners are responsible for taking care of their pets. It is recommended pet owners bring minimal pet supplies, such as food and water, to a county public shelter.
Pet friendly emergency shelters are open only to domestic pets only. No livestock will be admitted. For livestock, it is recommended to safely mark animals and leave them in pastures.
AGENCIES AND OFFICE CLOSURES
- The Lake County Board of County Commissioners will be closed on Friday
- All Lake County schools are closed Thursday and Friday
- The Lake County Clerk of Court will close on Thursday at noon, and will be closed on Friday
- The Lake County Property Appraiser will be closed on Friday
- The Lake County Tax Collector will be closed on Friday
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office administrative offices are closed Friday
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office Animal Shelter will close for adoptions and administrative business Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- The Lake County Courthouse will close on Thursday at noon, and will be closed on Friday
- The Lake County Supervisor of Elections will be closed Friday, but open Saturday for advertised voter registration
- The Lake County Department of Health offices are closed Thursday and Friday
- Lake County libraries will close on Thursday at noon, and will be closed on Friday; Lake County parks will close on Thursday at 5 p.m.; The Lake County Extension will be closed on Friday. To find out the latest information about weekend Parks, Library and Extension events, call 352-253-6180.
COUNTY SANDBAG OPERATIONS
Sandbags at unincorporated county locations are limited to 20 sandbags per household per day. Sand is available based on a limited supply. These locations are self-serve and residents need to bring their own shovels. Pickup hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and are available at the following locations:
- Station 10: 23023 State Road 40, Astor
- Station 14: 42700 State Road 19, Altoona
- Station 53: 2505 Spring Lake Rd, Fruitland Park
- Station 110: 6234 County Road 561, Clermont
- Station 39: 31431 Walton Heath Ave., Sorrento
MUNICIPAL SANDBAG OPERATIONS
- City of Eustis
Eustis Fire Station #22, 100 W. Norton Ave., Eustis. Bags, shovels and sand will be provided. This will be self-service sandbag fill location however, assistance to those requiring it will be provided. 20 bags of sand per household. Pickup hours are 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- City of Minneola
Minneola Fire Department, 307 Virginia St., Minneola. Residents should bring their own shovels. Bags and sand are on site.
- City of Groveland
Groveland Fire Station #95, 450 W. Orange St., Groveland. Shovels, bags and sand are available, up to 20 bags per person, from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
All county trash, recycling and yard waste collection will be discontinued until further notice. Residents should keep their trash carts in a secure location overnight due to predicted high winds.
Convenience centers will be open on Saturday.
All Lake County Connection paratransit trips have been canceled for Thursday and Friday. LakeXpress fixed route bus service will be suspended once sustained winds reach 37 MPH. LakeXpress will not operate on Friday.
To sign up for the latest emergency notifications, visit www.alertlake.com. For more information about Emergency Management, visit www.lakecountyfl.gov/emergency and follow Emergency Management at www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLEmergencyManagement and www.twitter.com/lakeemergency.