LATEST LAKE COUNTY STATS
- 12,000 sandbags filled
- 9 shelters open
- 779 general population people sheltered
- 63 special needs people sheltered
- 30 animals sheltered
- Citizens Information Line: Wednesday: 381 calls, Thursday 616 calls
- Duke Energy: 1,741 power outages reported; estimated recovery is 10:30 a.m. today.
- SECO: 268 power outages reported
- Visit www.lakecountyfl.gov for links to power company outage maps.
- If traffic signals are out of order, treat the light as if it was a four-way stop sign.
- Perishable foods should not be held above 40 degrees for more than 2 hours. Do not open the refrigerator or freezer.
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS STATUS
Level 1: Full Activation
CITIZENS INFORMATION LINE
The Citizens Information Line is open 24 hours for citizens needing emergency information and can be reached at 352-253-9999.
VOLUNTARY EVACUATION ORDER
Lake County issued a voluntary evacuation at 12:30 p.m. Thursday due to flooding predicted in Astor along the St. Johns River. The National Weather Service issued a River Flood Warning for the St. Johns River at Astor as the river is expected to crest at 4.6 feet between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. today. The normal flood level is 2.8 feet.
Lake County has not issued a curfew, restrictions, or special requirement for driving during the storm. However, motorists should exercise caution and stay off the roads during the storm due to the likelihood of downed power lines or trees. Never drive on flooded roadways.
LAKE COUNTY SHELTERS
All Lake County primary and special needs shelters are pet friendly, and are now open in the following locations:
- Astatula Elementary, 13925 Florida Ave., Astatula
- Leesburg Elementary, 2229 South St., Leesburg — special-needs
- Lost Lake Elementary, 1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont — special-needs
- Mascotte Elementary, 460 Midway Ave., Mascotte
- Round Lake Elementary, 31333 Round Lake Road, Mount Dora
- Spring Creek Elementary, 44440 Spring Creek Road, Paisley
- Treadway Elementary, 10619 Treadway School Road, Leesburg
- Umatilla Elementary, 401 Lake St., Umatilla — special-needs
- Villages Elementary, 695 Rolling Acres Road, Lady Lake — special-needs
SUPPLIES TO BRING TO SHELTERS
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Important personal documents
- Flashlights with batteries
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
PETS AT SHELTERS
- Pets must be brought to shelters in a carrier that is marked with the owner’s name, address and two phone numbers. Owners must have documentation of up-to-date rabies vaccinations for their pets. Owners are responsible for taking care of their pets. It is recommended pet owners bring minimal pet supplies, such as food and water, to a county public shelter.
- Pet friendly emergency shelters are open only to domestic pets only. No livestock will be admitted. For livestock, it is recommended to safely mark animals and leave them in pastures.
AGENCIES AND OFFICE CLOSURES
- All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser and Tax Collector are closed Friday.
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office administrative offices are closed Friday.
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office Animal Shelter will close for adoptions and administrative business Friday and Saturday.
- The Lake County Supervisor of Elections will be closed Friday, but open Saturday for advertised voter registration.
- The Lake County Department of Health offices are closed Friday.
- Lake County branch libraries, parks and Extension Center are closed on Friday. To find out the latest information about weekend library or parks events, call 352-253-6180.
- All Lake County and municipal sandbags operations are suspended at this time.
- All county trash, recycling and yard waste collection will be suspended Friday due to predicted high winds. Household collection services will resume Saturday morning at 8 a.m. Residents should keep their trash carts in a secure location overnight, and not put them out until 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Convenience centers and the Central Landfill Facility will be open on Saturday.
- All Lake County Connection paratransit trips and LakeXpress fixed route bus services have been suspended.
To sign up for the latest emergency notifications, visit www.alertlake.com. For more information about Emergency Management, visit www.lakecountyfl.gov/emergency and follow Emergency Management at www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLEmergencyManagement and www.twitter.com/lakeemergency.