EMERGENCY OPERATIONS STATUS
Level 1: Full Activation
CURRENT LAKE COUNTY STATS
• 6 shelters open
• 170 general population people sheltered
• 33 special needs people sheltered
• 20 animals sheltered
• Citizens Information Line: Wednesday: 381 calls, Thursday 616 calls, Friday 145 calls (as of 2:20 p.m.)
• 17,196 total current outages
• Visit www.lakecountyfl.gov for links to power company outage maps.
CITIZENS INFORMATION LINE
The Citizens Information Line is open 24 hours for citizens needing emergency information and can be reached at 352-253-9999.
To help the county more quickly assess damage, fill out the web based damage report online at: www.lakecountyfl.gov/departments/public_safety/emergency_management/damage_report.aspx
Lake County Fire Rescue responded to a call of a tree down on a home on Plymouth Circle in Umatilla. No injuries were reported but the residents will be displaced.
A tree went down on an unoccupied home on the 400 block of Sunrise Lane at the Sunshine Mobile Home Park in Lady Lake. No injuries were reported.
VOLUNTARY EVACUATION ORDER
Lake County issued a voluntary evacuation order at 12:30 p.m. Thursday due to flooding predicted in Astor along the St. Johns River. The National Weather Service forecast today that water levels will rise to 3.5 feet, about one foot lower that previously predicted, but about 7 inches above normal flood levels.
Lake County has not issued a curfew, restrictions, or special requirement for driving during the storm. However, motorists should exercise caution and stay off the roads during the storm due to the likelihood of downed power lines or trees. Never drive on flooded roadways.
LAKE COUNTY SHELTERS
• CLOSED - Astatula Elementary, 13925 Florida Ave., Astatula
• Leesburg Elementary, 2229 South St., Leesburg — special-needs
• Lost Lake Elementary, 1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont — special-needs
• CLOSED - Mascotte Elementary, 460 Midway Ave., Mascotte
• Round Lake Elementary, 31333 Round Lake Road, Mount Dora
• CLOSED - Spring Creek Elementary, 44440 Spring Creek Road, Paisley
• Treadway Elementary, 10619 Treadway School Road, Leesburg
• Umatilla Elementary, 401 Lake St., Umatilla — special-needs
• Villages Elementary, 695 Rolling Acres Road, Lady Lake — special-needs
AGENCIES AND OFFICE CLOSURES
• The Lake County Sheriff’s Office Animal Shelter will close for adoptions and administrative business Friday and Saturday.
• The Lake County Supervisor of Elections will be closed Friday, but open Saturday for advertised voter registration.
• Lake County branch libraries, parks and Extension Center are closed on Friday. To find out the latest information about weekend library or parks events, call 352-253-6180.
• All Lake County and municipal sandbags operations are suspended.
• Household trash, recycling and yard waste collection services will resume Saturday morning at 8 a.m. Residents should keep their trash carts in a secure location overnight, and not put them out until 6 a.m. Saturday.
• Convenience centers and the Central Landfill Facility will be open on Saturday.
• All Lake County Connection paratransit trips and LakeXpress fixed route bus services have been suspended.
To sign up for the latest emergency notifications, visit www.alertlake.com. For more information about Emergency Management, visit www.lakecountyfl.gov/emergency and follow Emergency Management at www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLEmergencyManagement and www.twitter.com/lakeemergency.