EMERGENCY OPERATIONS STATUS
- Level 2: Partial Activation
- All Lake County Emergency Shelters are closed as of 5 p.m. today.
CITIZENS INFORMATION LINE
- The Citizens Information Line will remain open overnight for citizens needing emergency information and can be reached at 352-253-9999.
- Building Services’ Permitting Office will be available by phone from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday at 352-343-9653 to assist those needing permits.
- To help the county more quickly assess damage, fill out the web based damage report online at: http://bit.ly/2dBwjmm
VOLUNTARY EVACUATION ORDER RESCINDED
- Lake County issued a voluntary evacuation order for Astor along the St. Johns River has been rescinded. Residents should use caution when driving and never drive on flooded roads.
- Household trash, recycling and yard waste collection services will resume Saturday morning at 8 a.m. Residents should keep their trash carts in a secure location overnight, and not put them out until 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Convenience centers and the Central Landfill Facility will be open on Saturday.
AGENCIES AND OFFICE CLOSURES
- All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Tax Collector, Property Appraiser, and Clerk of Courts will be open on Monday.
- Lake County Schools will be open Monday.
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office Animal Shelter will resume adoptions and administrative business Monday.
- The Lake County Supervisor of Elections will be open Saturday for advertised voter registration.
PARK AND LIBRARY SCHEDULES
- Cooper Memorial Library will be closed Saturday and reopen at 9 a.m. on Monday
- East Lake County Library and Astor County Library are closed until at least Tuesday
The following Lake County Library System branch libraries will reopen at 10 a.m. on Saturday; but will be closed on Monday for staff development:
- Cagan Crossings Community Library
- Paisley County Library
- Marion Baysinger Memorial Library
All county parks will open on schedule at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, except the following which will open at 10 a.m.:
- Lake Idamere Park
- Playgrounds at North Lake Community Park
- Playgrounds at East Lake Community Park
- Playgrounds at the Minneola Athletic Complex
Users of the South Lake and Hancock trails are encouraged to be cautious of debris on the trails
For the most up-to-date information about weekend library and parks events, call 352-253-6180.
- All Lake County and municipal sandbags operations are suspended until further notice.
- All Lake County Connection paratransit trips and LakeXpress fixed route bus services will resume services on Monday.
- Visit www.lakecountyfl.gov for links to power company outage maps.
- 16,173 outages reported as of 6 p.m.
Lake County has not issued a curfew, restrictions, or special requirement for driving during the storm. However, motorists should exercise caution and stay off the roads during the storm due to the likelihood of downed power lines or trees. Never drive on flooded roadways.
To sign up for the latest emergency notifications, visit www.alertlake.com. For more information about Emergency Management, visit www.lakecountyfl.gov/emergency and follow Emergency Management at www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLEmergencyManagement and www.twitter.com/lakeemergency.