TAVARES — The public is invited to a guided bus tour of Lake County’s agricultural businesses and attractions during the 7th Annual Lake County Farm Tour, hosted by the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) Extension.
The daylong event will be held from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17. Participants will meet at the Lake County Extension Center, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares. The Farm Tour costs $40 and includes lunch at the Dam Smoker BBQ. Registration is required by Friday, Nov. 11 at www.2016lakecountyfarmtour.eventbrite.com
Stops on the Farm Tour include:
• D & J Apiary, a family-owned and operated small business that provides beekeeping supplies, hands-on seminars, wax rendering and queen rearing. Details: www.dandjapiary.com
• Sunsational Citrus, a family-run business for three generations, offering citrus grove caretaking, harvesting and packing. Details: www.sunsationalcitrus.com
• The Dam Smoker, serving up award-winning barbeque in Eustis. Vegetarian lunch options are available. Details: www.damsmokerbbq.com
• Rocking Horse Stables, featuring 150 acres of equestrian sanctuary including 100 cross-country jumps, a large fenced jump ring and three permanent dressage rings. Details: www.rockinghorseht.com
• Promise Habitat Services, LLC, a 1,500-acre ranch that includes land clearing, prescribed burning, vegetation management, forestry, and more for habitat management. Details: www.promisehabitatservices.com
Participants are asked to wear appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes because some walking is required. For more information, contact Juanita Popenoe at 352-343-4101.