TAVARES —All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday and will reopen on Monday, Nov. 28.
Lake County Solid Waste’s residential curbside collection service will not operate on Thanksgiving. Collections normally picked up on Thursday will shift to Friday and collections normally picked up on Friday will occur on Saturday during the holiday week. Lake County’s Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares, will be closed on Thanksgiving, but will operate normally on Friday. Residential convenience centers will be closed both Thursday and Friday. The Pine Lakes residential convenience center, 32520 W. State Road 44, DeLand, which is generally open on Thursdays, will be open on Wednesday, Nov. 23 instead.
Except for bulk items, any excess trash, either bagged or placed into a non-county trash cart, will be accepted from Monday, Nov. 28 – Friday, Dec. 2 only. To request collection of bulk trash, such as furniture, appliances and other large household items, residents should notify the hauler directly for service. Haulers have 72 hours, excluding weekends or holidays, to fulfill the request. No hazardous waste items will be collected.
Lake County Connection, the county’s disadvantaged transportation service, and LakeXpress, the fixed-route bus system, will not operate on Thanksgiving, but will resume regular services Friday.
The Lake County Extension Center and Discovery Gardens, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares, will be closed both Thursday and Friday.
The Lake County Farmers’ and Flea Market, located at the Lake County Expo Center and Fairgrounds at 2101 County Road 452 in Eustis, which is normally open on Thursdays, will be closed on Thanksgiving.
On Wednesday, Nov. 23, county branch libraries and will close at 5 p.m., the Fruitland Park Library will close at 4 p.m. and the W.T. Bland Public Library will close at 6 p.m. in advance of the Thanksgiving holiday. The Leesburg Public Library will close on Wednesday at 6 p.m. and re-open on Saturday with normal operating hours. The Helen Lehman Memorial Library will be closed beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will be closed from Thursday, Nov. 24 through Saturday, Nov. 26.
• Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
• Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
• Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont
• East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
• Fruitland Park Library, 205 W. Berckman St., Fruitland Park
• Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
• Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
• Marion Baysinger Memorial Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
• Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
• Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
• City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
• Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
• W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora